For the parent who just wants their child to be happy.
When I told my daughter that I just needed five minutes before I could rub her back at bedtime, she screamed at me. And what I did next was not my best moment. I could feel it coming over me. I screamed back at her. I know so many parents get to this point – the exhaustion and overwhelm. The Demands. Being pulled in so many directions.
We raise our voice.
We show up not aligned with how we want to.
We maybe even slip into shame.
It was my luck that I was sitting with Dr. Shefali the next day for the podcast. Dr. Shefali is an acclaimed author, international speaker, and clinical psychologist.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Navigating one of the hardest relationships in our life – with our children
- When our expectations are not met and setting our own boundaries
- Building compassion with ourselves as parents
- How do we approach the meltdowns
- How do I get my partner to do this work too
To learn more about Dr. Shefali:
Join me in my community!
- Curious about the relationship cycle you get stuck in? Take the free quiz
- Looking to improve your relationship? Join me in my online program, Be Connected
- Join me in my monthly newsletter where I give you actionable tips that you can use today in your relationship
- Visit my website for more
What’s Coming Next?
I’m answering your questions in preparation for another holiday. How can we navigate difficult situations with our in-laws and family?
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Lovely Addition to Personal + Couple’s Therapy
“I recently started therapy for not only myself but for my marriage as well. This podcast is such a lovely addition. I listen every time I’m doing chores so that these mundane tasks I used to view as miserable and boring are now a chance for me to learn and feel validated therefore not only am I bettering my life but I’m keeping up on my chores! Such great motivation to keep myself GOING because depression has swallowed me whole in the past. It’s easy to slip away if you don’t have a clear path for getting better. Highly recommend this podcast to EVERYONE!” ~ Joannnnnnnnna
I would love to hear from you. I would be so grateful if you left me a review on iTunes. I love hearing what you have to say about the episode, but also so that others who might benefit from listening to this podcast can find it!
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” I can’t wait to hear from you!