A client once told me through tears that she hadn’t been honouring her, and she pointed to her body.
I could see reflected in her face the experiences of so many women – including me.
It wasn’t just a week of not listening to her body. It was years. Possibly her whole lifetime.
We build these inner dialogues and narratives around our bodies and food, many of them being unconscious that guide us to make daily decisions. Some of these decisions leave us feeling good, albeit temporarily. While many of these are more examples of ways that we deeply abandon ourselves – the inner wisdom that our bodies hold.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The common harmful and negative messages we learn about our bodies
- Breaking the connection between body size and self-worth (hint: stop saying to yourself that you’ll do something when you lose those 5 pounds)
- The connection between stress and food (and how we can use our bodies to shift this)
- Learning to sit in discomfort and acknowledging that our bodies are noisy
- How to support someone if you suspect they are struggling with their body
- When to seek professional help
Join me in my community!
- Curious about the relationship cycle you get stuck in? Take the free quiz
- Looking to improve your relationship? Join me in my online program, Be Connected
- Join me in my monthly newsletter where I give you actionable tips that you can use today in your relationship
- Visit my website for more
What’s Coming Next?
When your partner overshares with your MOTHER-IN-LAW.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Lovely Addition to Personal + Couple’s Therapy
“I just love listening to her podcasts. Super resourceful and I definitely recommend taking a listen” ~ Afireinside7
I would love to hear from you. I would be so grateful if you left me a review on iTunes. I love hearing what you have to say about the episode, but also so that others who might benefit from listening to this podcast can find it!
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” I can’t wait to hear from you!