When I returned to work after my second maternity leave, I was doing it all.
Eight clients back to back.
An hour commute home.
Nursing my daughter.
Building a website.
Creating a podcast.
The list goes on. I was feeling exhausted. I was often dizzy and short of breath (despite looking after regular meals, water intake, and sleep). And then my body started screaming at me, telling me that I needed to stop.
This. Was. Burnout.
If you have experienced burnout, or think you might be experiencing it, you are not alone. In this episode, I speak with Mallory Rowan, coach and speaker, and a recovered woman from burnout, about moving towards living your life and business in alignment with what matters most to you:
- 9:26 – Mallory’s experience with burnout
- 13:01 – Signs and symptoms of burnout
- 18:39 – How to start recovering from burnout
- 26:49 – The mindsets that put us at risk for burnout
- 30:41 – Mallory’s non-negotiables for managing self-care
- 44:26 – Strategies to help live a meaningful life
Now it’s your turn! Join me over on Instagram, or leave me a note here on the blog about your experience with burnout.
What’s Coming Next week?
Join me next with Dr. Morgan Cutlip as we talk about addressing the mental load.