Can you relate to this feeling?
Overwhelmed with the number of things you need to get done. From cleaning the house, homeschooling your kids, organizing meals, working, maintaining friendships, and connecting with your partner – the list goes on.
But what would happen if you took a pause? Took a deliberate moment to rest through the day.
Today I connected with Dr. Allison Keating, founder of bWell Clinic in Ireland, about how we can move out of the mindset of being a perfect woman and giving ourselves the space to not always please, perform or be perfect.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- 5:32 – What does the ‘striving mode’ look like?
- 9:53 – The Pause
- 12:03 – Reflecting to determine where we learned our norms from
- 19:43 – What’s the impact on our relationships with our partners and children?
- 21:43 – Strategies to help you let things go
- 30:39 – Why you may be tuning in online, rather than tuning into yourself
- 35:15 – Emotional neglect vs. emotional abuse
- 37:53 – Ways to start to nourish and replenish yourself
Now, I would love to hear from you! Come on over to Instagram and continue the conversation with me. Or leave a comment here on the blog about where you are on your journey as a woman.
What’s Coming Next week?
Tune in next week as I sit with Mallory Rowan to talk about dealing with burnout.